Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 2

Hello juicy followers!

Day two was pretty awesome, I must say. So I did a yoga sculpt class yesterday, and as a result I had an awful time sleeping last night because every time I tried to roll over I had to wake up and manually move my body because my muscles were so sore! Don't you hate that? (But love it at the same time because the pain feels so gooood :P). Anyway, I ended up sleeping for 11 hours last night and woke up around 10:00. I then spent the next 3 hours making my juices and watching some television (which I normally try to avoid, but I was feeling super tired this morning so I gave in to it).

Around 3:00 I set out for my day, did some studying at Pablo's Coffee, went to a Hot Yoga 2 class at core power, bought $40 worth of celery, cucumbers, and apples at Natural Grocers, and then got paid $150 to sit around for 2 hours and talk about sporting goods! So it was a super awesome day. But I realize the reason that you are reading this now is to find out what I drank today, so without further ado:

Juice Recipes!

So today I had 4 quarts of juice.

Quart 1: 11:00 AM
2 Apples
3 stalks of celery
1 cucumber
1 small head of romaine
1 inch of ginger
1 lemon
(can add more greens if it doesn't make a full quart)

Quart 2: 12:00
5 oranges
2 grapefruits
2 tangerines
1 pomegranate
1/4 pineapple

Quart 3: 3:30
Lemon Ginger Blast
2 apples
bunch of cilantro
bunch of parsley
bunch of arugala
cucumber
lemon
1/3 habenero pepper (you can put half in, but it will be REALLY spicy! ;-) )
1 inch ginger

Quart 4: 6:30
Lemon Ginger Blast again


Jenna's Juicing Hints

There are a few things that EVERYONE should know before starting a juicing fast. These are facts that I have gathered from extremely knowledgable people in the field. Please take note:



  • Don't forget about celery. Celery is important because your body needs a small amount of natural sodium every day, and celery happens to be high in sodium! Make sure that you are using atleast one head of celery a day.
  • Make sure your food is ALIVE and go organic!! Ok people, this is a HUGE one. The whole reason why we fast is to give ourselves more energy and to detoxify our body. I'm not saying that if you do a juice fast with pesticide-ridden produce that it will be a failure. But if you are going to invest the time, money, and effort into doing a fast- please do it right!
  • Only juice what you plan on drinking RIGHT NOW. Once we juice a plant, the life that was inside the plant dies. It is OPTIMAL to drink juice within a few hours of juicing (ideally, you would juice it and then chug it right down!) However, obviously this does not work into everyone's schedule. If you do have to wait several hours before drinking juice, make sure that you keep it sealed and in a chilled enviroment. I always store my juice in a mason jar and carry it around in my insulated lunch box with a freezer pack inside it, so that way it is cold when I decide to drink it :). 
  • Don't drink juice that you buy at the store. This one is obvious.
  • More green juice than fruit juice. A bit of fruit juice is OK. If is was up to me, I'd be drinking my orange juice all day! However this is not what the body needs. The body needs those nutrient rich green juices to keep it from getting hungry.
  • As SOON as you feel a hunger pang, CHUG GREEN JUICE!!!!! I swear, the hunger will melt away. A quart of green juice will keep you going for 2-3 hours.


That's all I can think of at the moment. One great person to check out on youtube is Dan McDonald, aka the LifeRegenerator. This man is the most well informed, knowledgable man in the field when it comes to juicing. I give him two thumbs up!!

Ok, that's all I've got for today. Feel free to leave comments with any questions you have! I am happy to help :)


Peace and Love! 




No comments:

Post a Comment