Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 17

Hi All!

Well I am just chugging along, aren't I? I love how smoothly the days are flowing along at this point. And I'm only 3 days away from the big 2-0. Superrrr awesome!

So I changed things up a tinyyy bit today. I went grocery shopping in the morning, and GT Synergy's Passionfruit Kombucha was calling to me. Many people swear by drinking kombucha during a juice fast. I personally stopped drinking kombucha when I went raw, however that does not mean that I don't appreciate kombucha for the healing affects that it possesses  My body was just craving the drink, so I listened to it. And oh.my.god. it was heavenly! It was the best present anyone could have given to my taste buds. I don't really know what sort of effect it had on me. I am writing this post 24 hours after drinking it and I don't feel worse for doing so, so I'm going to say that it was OK. I might have some more today, though I do not plan on drinking it every day (just as a small treat while I am still visiting my family). Another things that I did (that I also do not recommend doing other than for a small treat) was I took some sparkling water and added it to my fruit juice. Oh man, this tasted like the most delicious soda I've ever tasted. But just remember your intentions for your juice fast- it is not to have treats or to drink things that are bottled and unpure, but rather it is to nourish your body with the purest and freshest fruits and vegetables in your possession.

My mom was baking cookies allll day today. I think this is why I let myself have the small treat, just because it was so unbearable seeing and smelling all of those cookies. The nice thing about being vegan is that I know that I would NEVER put a non-vegan cookie in my mouth, so really it is not even a temptation to me.

I am very happy with the results I am noticing at this point. When I woke up this morning, my skin was SO beautifully soft and radiant. It just really stuck out to me as having improved over the past few weeks. I also love how baggy my clothes are. Right now I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I definitely could not squeeze myself into a few months ago, and now they are baggy on me and I love it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment