Sunday, December 16, 2012

Why do a juice feast?

Hello juicy followers!

I just realized this morning that I never really talked about WHY in the WORLD someone would be crazy enough to give up food for 30 (or more) days. Some of my friends have been giving me a pretty hard time about it, saying that I am starving myself or that I am harming my body. In reality though, I am doing the exact opposite. Think for a second about how many veggies you eat in one day. Maybe a nice big salad, and some small amount of greens scattered throughout the day, if you are a healthy person. Now take a look at how many greens I eat in juice one quart of juice (keep in mind I normally have 2-3 quarts of pure green juice and another quart of fruit juice):


So basically, I am packing my body to the brim with nutrients! But now you might ask, why do I have to juice it? Why not just EAT all the greens? Well for one... can you image how hard that would be to eat all of that?? But that's really not the real reason... the real reason is that why we digest food, it takes ALOT of energy. But when we only drink our nutrients, the body has nothing at all to digest, so it can but 100% of its energy into healing and detoxifying. Now of course this is not something that you can sustain forever- no one wants you to do that. Fasting (or feasting) is merely a means of detoxifying one's body in order to feel lighter, cleaner, and like a new you!


Fasting is also extremely spiritual. Every time you eat food, it is like you are dampening your inner fire, because you become weighed down and your body has lost some of its energy. I know that many nutritionists say eat 5-6 times a day... but this is actually very counterintuitive. Yes, it might work as a means of dieting, but if you are seeking to just be a healthier, more high vibrational person, then you should aim to idealy eat 2-3 huge meals of fresh fruits and vegetables a day. What this does is lessens the amount of time your body spends digesting food so that it has more energy to put into YOU!



Phew... that was a long rant! I really hope that it helped some of you better understand what fasting is all about, and why it is not just a fad diet

Also, I am considering doing a video blog about fasting. I am super shy though so this is going to take a lot of work for me to build myself up to a video. But maybe it will happen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment