Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 19- Last day in NJ

Hello fellow juicers :)

Well today is my last day home in new jersey. I will miss my time spent with my family, but I think I'm ready to go back to Denver and start my journey again. I am looking forward to juicing while I'm at home alone (not to mention that I have a few friends in Denver that are really into juicing right now! yay!)

I did weigh myself the morning, and I weigh 137.8. I am slightly disappointed with this number, not going to lie. I only lost 2.2 pounds in the whole 9 days that I spent at home. I know that I am experiencing so many other amazing benefits from the fast, but I was really hoping to be under 135 by the time I left new jersey. I know that it is inevitable to gain some weight back after a fast (just from the water weigh alone), and I was really hoping to be able to stabilize my weight under 135. But hey I've got another 10 days so we'll see what happens! I think I know why I am having such an awful plateau right now, though. Every time I have ever tried to go on an extreme "diet" and lose a whole bunch of weight, I've NEVER dropped lower than 138 lbs. I would be stuck there for weeks, and then I would just give up on the diet and then gain a bunch of weight back. I've heard people say that breaking through these types of plateaus are extremely hard. But I am not letting my weight get to me. I look amazing and that's what matters!

I think I will definitely do another long juice fast in the summer. I really wish that I could have been doing this one in warmer weather so that I could have spent more time out in the sun and in my garden. After my fast, I plan on fasting once a week every week. Many people recommend doing this as a normal supplement to a healthy diet to keep your digestion flowing and energy high.

I am looking forward to getting back to my bikram yoga too! It has been almost 15 days without a hot yoga session. Last time I tried taking a class during the fast I got really light headed, so hopefully I will fair better this time.

I don't remember if I already mentioned this, but I have decided to slowly break my fast on day 28 rather than 30 due to my traveling. But I will spend 4 whole days starting on the 28th day consuming only juice, green smoothies, and soft fruits (like figs and plums). Then after those 4 days I will slowly add more fibrous fruits and veggies into my diet in the form of salads, nuts, dates, etc. I also might make some soups during the 4 days. I haven't decided yet whether to be 100% raw after the fast or not. I was 100% high carb raw vegan for about 2 months in the fall, and then about 80% raw for the last 2 months. I don't really know which I liked better. I don't want my diet to be an obsession anymore. Some people are so obsessed with keeping their diet completely raw. I totally understand their reasoning for it (it is much easier to stick with a diet if you commit 100%). But from a nutritional aspect, I feel like if I have a warm soup or steamed veggies a few days a week that I will not be any worse off, infact it might even be healthier than the way I was eating when I was completely raw. So, we shall see. In my opinion, as long as you are atleast 80% raw and eating extremely healthy, unprocessed, organic foods, then there is nothing better you could do for yourself. Just love your body and it will love you back :)

Check out this interesting article on intermittent fasting


No comments:

Post a Comment