Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 3

Good evening all!

So it has been said that day 3 is the hardest day on a juice fast. I sure hope that is true! Today really was not that bad though, and I'm feeling really awesome about the whole process!

Last night I had a really trippy, spiritual dream, and that kind of set the mood for the rest of the day. Today was extremely quiet and meditative (unfortunately meaning that I did not get ANY work done-but that's ok). I woke up around 10:00 again, spent a few hours relaxing and making my 2 morning juices, and just chilled and watched some videos. I took a nice long walk outside today because the weather was awesome. It is also super important to get a lot of sunlight on a juice fast! I spent about 20 minutes just sitting in my school's courtyard soaking in the sun; it was fantastic! Then at about 4:00 I made my lemon ginger blast and my homemade V8 juice that I saved for after yoga. I went to a savasana workshop at corepower yoga (which was AMAZING and super calming. I also bought an awesome pair of yoga pants on sale which made my day even better!) That hour after yoga was probably the hardest part of the whole day for me. I was SUPER hungry! So I came home, drank my V8 and also made about 2 cups worth of grapefruit juice to combat the hunger. I don't really know if that was a good idea or not to make fruit juice so late- but I really felt like I needed it to get myself through the night.

V8 Juice Recipe
5-6 Tomatoes (or more depending on how you like the taste)
half a bunch of kale
a handful of spinach
a bunch of parsley
5-6 carrots
1 beet (optional for added sweetness)
small sliver of habanero pepper (optional for spice)

No comments:

Post a Comment