Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 5

Greetings!

Sorry about missing a day. Wasn't really feeling like writing yesterday. I guess yesterday was my "hump" day. Every fast always has a hump day- the day that you crave food so badly and don't think you'll be able to keep it up. But as long as you can will yourself past that day, it's smooth sailing from there on :). Today was a FANTASTIC day! I was in super high spirits the entire day. I drank a whole bunch of green juice- 1 quart of beet-carrot-chard-lemon juice and a quart and a half of lemon ginger blast. I also had a quart of my orange grapefruit pomegranate juice for dinner.

I decided to go to Nooch Vegan Market for a show tonight, which ended up being wayyy awesome, except not so awesome from a juicing standpoint. Being in a delicious smelling vegan grocery store is like committing suicide on a juice fast!! But don't worry, I stood strong and carried on. It didn't help me that the person standing next to me was eating this AMAZING smelling vegan chicken wrap that I just wanted to devour. I just kept thinking to myself "It's a good thing I am not eating food right now, because I would have to buy 3 of those wraps to satiate myself right now!" But all is good. The day is over, and I made it another day with just juice in my belly. Just two days away from my half way point! 14 days is starting to seem doable! I am hoping that I don't hit a speed bump along the way and start craving food. But if I am able to maintain the way that I've felt today then I know I can do it!! 9 more days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment